Your nighttime ritual just got a whole lot sweeter. Say hello to our newest Camino, Midnight Blueberry with CBN. One bite and you’ll be transported lakeside, where you can settle in for a smooth slumber and let all your worries go. Camino Midnight Blueberry (Sleep) offers a calming combination of 5 MG of THC with 1 MG of CBN, relaxing terpenes, and chamomile and lavender oils. Together, these ingredients work synergistically together to create Kiva’s most tranquil product yet.
Why is a product like this necessary? Here’s some eye-opening (or shutting, rather) statistics for you.
- 50 to 70 million U.S. adults experience symptoms of a sleep disorder.
- 30 to 40 % of the population will experience insomnia at some point in their lives. 2
- 14% of American adults use cannabis to help sleep at night, higher than the amount of people who use Nyquil or Tylenol PM to fall asleep (12%).
- Edible effects last in your system for 6-8 hours, while inhalables’ effects typically last 1-2 hours.
CBN is being heralded as the next big cannabinoid, but surprisingly has never been infused into an edible before. In fact, sourcing proved so difficult that Kiva had to search for nine months to find the right supplier for our gummies. What are cannabinoids exactly? They are the naturally-occurring chemical compounds found in cannabis that are partly responsible for its vast, diverse effects. Currently there are over 110 known cannabinoids, including THC, CBD and CBN. CBN (aka Cannabinol) is shown in preliminary studies to have tranquil properties, particularly when paired with THC. THC actually converts to CBN when it’s oxidized, which is why aged flower often boasts larger amounts of CBN.
Your eyes are not deceiving you- Camino is now in a tin! This means that the most tailored edible experience on the market is also now the most portable. With this change comes the debut of three new flavors- Midnight Blueberry (“Sleep”), Wild Cherry (“Excite”) and Freshly Squeezed (“Recover”). Like all Camino flavors, these gummies contain unique blends of natural terpenes and cannabinoids carefully crafted to conjure the feelings of a distinct, iconic landscape. Like Midnight Blueberry, Freshly Squeezed also adds in functional ingredients, in this case ginseng and milk thistle, to increase the efficacy of the product.
- National Sleep Foundation
- The national survey of 1,004 U.S. adults was conducted online by Propeller Insights on behalf of Sleep Cycle in January 2018