Yield: 24 brownies containing approx. 2MG THC each.
- 1 ¼ cups Dutch-process cocoa powder
- 1 ½ tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 ¼ teaspoons espresso powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 10 milk chocolate Kiva Bar squares containing 5MG THC each (50MG THC total)
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups high quality chopped dark chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350°F (325°F convection). Line a 9” x 13” baking dish with parchment paper and coat with baking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine cocoa powder, vanilla extract, baking powder, espresso powder, salt and eggs. Using a hand mixer on medium-low speed, beat the mixture until smooth, about 1-2 minutes.
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat (or in a microwave-safe bowl), melt butter. Once butter is melted, add sugar and Kiva chocolate and stir to combine, ensuring the chocolate is melted and evenly distributed. The sugar should start to melt, but lower the heat if the mixture starts to bubble.
- Add the sugar mixture to the cocoa mixture, mixing on low for 1-2 minutes to combine.
- Add the flour and chopped chocolate. Mix on low to combine.
- Pour batter into prepared baking dish and smooth out as evenly as possible.
- Bake for 28-32 minutes, until a cake tester or toothpick inserted into the center of the pan comes out clean.
- Let cool completely and lift the edges of the parchment paper to remove from pan. Cut into 24 even portions and serve.
Looking for more Kiva recipes? Check out our Kiva Dark Chocolate Molten Lava Cake!