This recipe makes 32 Servings with 1 Tablespoon and 3 MG THC per serving
- 1 (100 MG THC) Kiva Dark Chocolate Bar, roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp Butter (or Vegetable or Canola Oil)
- 1 1/2 Cups Ketchup (may substitute Tomato Sauce for less sugar)
- 1/4 Cup Brown Sugar, packed
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Dijon Mustard (may substitute 4-4 1/2 Tsp Dry Mustard)
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- 1 Tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar (may substitute Red Wine Vinegar or Balsamic Vinegar)
- 2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 5 Garlic Cloves, minced.
- 1 Onion, diced
- 1/3 Cups brewed coffee (Optional, but preferred)
- 1 Tbsp Paprika or Smoked Paprika (Optional)
- Salt and Pepper, to taste.
You can substitute the Kiva Dark Chocolate Bar and brewed coffee with KIVA 1:1 Espresso Dark Chocolate Bar. You can also add coriander or cumin for a more complex BBQ Sauce.
Add BBQ sauce to chicken, ribs, tofu, or whatever dish you like at the end of cooking to avoid loss of potency by prolonged high temperatures.
- Heat butter or oil in a medium saucepan over medium high heat.
- Add diced onions and cook for 3-5 minutes until translucent.
- Add minced garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the remaining ingredients (including Kiva chocolate) and stir until chocolate is fully incorporated.
- Simmer on low for 15 minutes, stirring frequently. Sauce will thicken and slightly reduce.
- (Optional Step) Puree mixture in food processor until desired consistency.
Serve immediately or allow to cool to room temp and refrigerate overnight for best results. Enjoy!